The CRKT Tailbone fixed blade outdoor knife may look like a fixed blade, but there is more to it. The machine chain handle comes to life in your hand as it moves to deliver superb ergonomics while staying perfectly rigid for cutting and slicing. Unexpected yet perfectly functional.
TJ Schwarz designed this biomimicry knife by borrowing the idea from a fish's spine. The drop point blade and flexible handle blows conventions out of the water. It works great as a neck knife or can easily be carried on your belt or pack with the included sheath. The paracord wrapped handle and finger hole deliver maximum blade control.
The Tailbone™ is everything you expected and everything Mother Nature didn’t.
- Easy To Sharpen: High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Full Control: Grooves on blade for cutting control
- Useful Utility: Flexible machine chain handle ergonomically rests in your hand while rigid in vertical cutting
- Traditional Wrap: Cord wrapped handle is highly functional and provides grip
- Lightweight Utility: Thermoplastic sheath protects the blade when not in use
- Blade Length: 2.13"
- Overall Length: 6.31"
- Blade Thickness: 0.15"
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Finish: Black Stonewash
- Handle: Chain Links Tang--45Mn Carbon Steel, cord wrapped
- Overall Weight: 2.0 oz.
- Sheath: Polypropylene
- Sheath Weight: 1.0 oz.