The Spyderco Murray Carter Minarai 4.5" Petty Paring Kitchen Knife is a highly refined kitchen knife. Designed by Murray Carter, this collection translates his coveted designs into affordable kitchen cutlery. The Minarai Series takes its name from minarai, literally meaning "to look and learn", quintissentilly Japanes way of describing the role of an apprentice. The economical format of this knife features a solid CTS-BD1N steel blade and a handle made of injection-molded polypropylene. This knife is a highly refined, remarkable fusion of traditional designs and modern materials, making a beautiful hybrid that is time-tested and high quality.
From the French petit meaning “small,” this knife is the equivalent of a Western paring knife and is ideal for peeling and slicing fruits and vegetables, making garnishes, and other detailed food-preparation tasks.
- 4.5" CTS BD1N stainless steel blade that's thin and razor sharp.
- Distinctive blade shape to maximize performance and style.
- Octagonal, black polypropylene handles in a Japanese style.
- Overall Length: 8.87"
- Blade Length: 4.64"
- Steel: CTS-BD1N Stainless Steel
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Handle Length: 4.24"
- Handle: Black Polypropylene
- Weight: 1.8 oz