The Spyderco Murray Carter Minarai 6" Funayuki Utility Kitchen Knife is a highly refined kitchen knife. Designed by Murray Carter, this collection translates his coveted designs into affordable kitchen cutlery. The Minarai Series takes its name from minarai, literally meaning "to look and learn", quintissentilly Japanes way of describing the role of an apprentice. The economical format of this knife features a solid CTS-BD1N steel blade and a handle made of injection-molded polypropylene. This knife is a highly refined, remarkable fusion of traditional designs and modern materials, making a beautiful hybrid that is time-tested and high quality.
Literally translated as “ship going,” this versatile pattern was extremely popular with fishermen. It excels at chopping, draw-cutting, and other general kitchen tasks.
- 6" CTS BD1N stainless steel blade that's thin and razor sharp.
- Distinctive blade shape to maximize performance and style.
- Octagonal, black polypropylene handles in a Japanese style.
- Overall Length: 11.03"
- Blade Length: 6.41"
- Steel: CTS-BD1N Stainless Steel
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Handle Length: 4.63"
- Handle: Black Polypropylene
- Weight: 2.6 oz