The Spyderco Murray Carter Minarai 10" Gyuto Chef's Kitchen Knife is a highly refined kitchen knife. Designed by Murray Carter, this collection translates his coveted designs into affordable kitchen cutlery. The Minarai Series takes its name from minarai, literally meaning "to look and learn", quintissentilly Japanes way of describing the role of an apprentice. The economical format of this knife features a solid CTS-BD1N steel blade and a handle made of injection-molded polypropylene. This knife is a highly refined, remarkable fusion of traditional designs and modern materials, making a beautiful hybrid that is time-tested and high quality.
Translated as "cow blade," the Gyuto is the Japanese equivalent of the Western chef's knife. Its versatile design is suitable for slicing, carving, chopping, and detailed food preparation chores.
- 10" CTS BD1N stainless steel blade that's thin and razor sharp.
- Distinctive blade shape to maximize performance and style.
- Octagonal, black polypropylene handles in a Japanese style.
- Overall Length: 15.40"
- Blade Length: 10.13"
- Steel: CTS-BD1N Stainless Steel
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Handle Length: 5.27"
- Handle: Black Polypropylene
- Weight: 5.1 oz